Friday, November 27, 2009

Work In Progress





Poetry in Progress gonna give you a glimpse on how it all comes together. So far this is untitled:

A man can only bare but so much on his shoulders before he begins to crumble.
Still on my feet but the load is getting heavy
Pressure bust pipes, explosion's deadly
Stuck in a whirlwind better a yet hurricane called life
But there's no damage to my levy
Built these walls around me to be impregnable
Rarely allow a chance for the outside to look within
One day in my mind will make your head spin
Once you hit rock bottom the only place left to go is up
So why does it feel that I'm still down on my luck
Straight faced, emotionless
Mind state simple: Just don't give a fuck
Never catch me slippin: Not acting careless
But when it comes to the bullshit
I could just care less

The first lines I thought up for this poem were "Once you hit rock the only place left to go is up." Followed by "A man can only bare but so much on his shoulders before he begins to crumble. Still on my feet but this load is heavy" my thought process is rarely linear sometimes I start at the end, some times the middle but rarely the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment